Planning to go on a trip? Why not try Bangkok? Bangkok is located in Asia and is the capital of Thailand. Bangkok is known to be the world’s most visited place. Its rich historic culture is one of the reasons that this city is very famous. The beautiful scenic places and structures will leave anyone who experience it in amusement and awe. The most famous structures in Bangkok are the temples. Let me name the top 5 temples for you to visit.
- Wat Phra Kaew also known as the Emerald Buddha Temple is the most visited temple in Bangkok. The most iconic structure here is the Emerald Buddha that was sculpted from a 66 cm tall Jade. When visiting this temple make sure not to wear sleeveless shirts and short pants due to its strict dress code and this temple closes at 3pm every day and the fee to enter is 400 baht.
- Wat Saket is where you can find the golden Chedi of “Phu Khao Thong” in reference to Golden Mountain. A Chedi is a structure that contains relics of remains of Buddhist nuns or monks.
- Wat Pho or Reclining Buddha Temple is named after an Indian monastery where legends believed this is where Buddha have lived. Entrance fee here is 100 baht.
- Wat Traimit is a classy and graceful multi-tiered temple in white and gold. This is located in Yaowarat road. It is famous for the solid gold Buddha that is seated inside and the largest in the world. Entrance fee to the museum is very cheap and visiting the golden Buddha is actually free.
- Wat Arun is situated in the Thonburi side of Bangkok, and is often called “Temple od Dawn” because it looks heavenly at sunset. Entrance fee in Wat Arun is 50 baht.
After a long and tiring day visiting these wonderful temples. You have to feast yourselves with the delectable food. A 24 hour restaurant in Bangkok is a great choice to spend the rest of the day to relax and unwind. No need to be conscious of the closing time because it never closes.